My husband who is sometimes leery of my healthy food actually requests these. I make a batch of scones every week and it’s breakfast for both of us. They are easy to grab and go and fill us up until lunchtime.
Power Packed Energy Scones Recipe
Makes 12 scones/muffinsPreheat oven to 300 degrees and spray a baking sheet or muffin tins lightly with oil.
Blend in a food processor or high power blender until it’s a thin paste:
- 2 large or 3 small/medium Ripe Bananas
- 1 1/2 C Walnuts (mine are mostly whole, probably only 1 C if smaller pieces)
- 12-14 Pitted Dates
- 1 Tbsp Oil, I use Coconut
- 1 C Milk Substitute, I use Almond or Coconut. Adjust this volume to create a thin paste.
In a large bowl, mix:
- 1 C Flax meal
- 1C Hemp or Chia seeds
- 1 C Shredded Coconut
- 4 C Oats, I’ve found the best texture comes from Coach’s Oats which I buy at Costco
- 1 – 1 1/2 C Dried Fruit such as cranberries, blueberries, chopped figs, or cherries (optional but makes these so much yummier)
Fold the paste mixture into the dry until completely mixed.Form into handfuls or press into muffin tin to make 12 scones. They don’t expand so you can place them pretty close. Bake at 300 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Substitute 1 can of Pumpkin Puree for the 2 Bananas and use chopped figs or cranberries for the fruit.
- Add 1 tsp each Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Ginger, and Cardamom
- Substitute 1/4 C Arrowroot Flour plus 1/4 C Cacao Powder and reduce Oats by 1/2 C. Use raw cacao nibs or chocolate chips in place of dried fruit